Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rayne

July 19, 1996 - September 20, 2011



Rayne was my first in so many things, my first Weimaraner, my first Competitive agility dog, my first obedience dog, my first CKC registered dog. I learned so much from Rayne, the fun of agility, oh and exactly how stubborn a Weimaraner could be, to travel with a dog and be part of a team competing, no matter what the outcome, I learned how much a dog could hate the command down and I learned patience. Oh Rayne taught me patience. 




Seeing that ad in the paper and deciding to go out and meet Rayne (she was called Bess at the time) was one of the best things I ever decided to do. To accept the challenge of a very smart girl who so many people had given up on and watch her learn to trust me and finally know she was in her forever home is something I will always treasure. Mostly I learned how much fun it could be to do dog sports, to work as a team (well most of the time) , to have great runs, and some not so great runs.





Rayne made me totally fall in love with an amazing breed and I can't imagine my life without a Weim or two.and I can't imagine my life without Rayne. Sadly I now have to face that reality. Rayne was one of the kindest sweetest dogs I have ever had the privilege to have in my life, she could be tough and stubborn oh so stubborn but then sweet and snuggly.. I wouldn't change a thing about her..she was perfect and I learned so much from her. I will always remember our first off leash run when I got her and the joy in her face of just running with Bo and enjoying life..


She will always be in my heart and although there will be others there will never be another Rayne.

~Julia

--------
I am thankful that Julia and Rayne found each other so many years ago, because I think their love and camaraderie is what has fed Julia's 'addiction' for Weimaraners and for that I along with Koping Weimaraners is thankful. Rayne will be missed by all who's lives she touched. PK

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I am so sorry for your loss Julia. Weims touch us where most people can't. Your post hit home deeply. Our first weim was an extremely stubborn boy, Buddy, and was taken from us way too early at 6, by cancer. He was a trial from beginning to end, but, he made us fall in love with weims. I don't think we will ever not have at least one weimaraner in our life. Can't imagine it! Right now we have 2, Spike and Hunter and they are our joy!
    Chrys and Jim Rennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never be another Rayne....the most true words. Hugs to you and your family, human and furrry Julia. I am sure she is missed by all. I have lots of memories of Rayne, but leaving the ring at obedience trial for "snacks" will always make me smile, and standing on Pat's couch...her favourite spot to survey the situation, especially when there were lots of other weims around!
    Lori and Messina
    Lori

    ReplyDelete